Can you believe it's 2010? I can't. While in high school, I was certain this crazy world would implode by 2000. But here we are, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to the next 12 months.
So what's a girl to do with so much optimism? She lists out her 2010 goals.
- Land an agent
- Finish editing A Lady’s Revenge by January 31
- Seek Beta reads for ALR from CPs by February
- Resubmit ALR to interested agents by March
- Participate in the GIAM 100 x 100 program, beginning January 1
- Participate in the February GIAM Tour de Force
- Develop 2011 RWA workshop with RU blogmates by August
- Finish Book 1 of Victorian-set series by April 30; finish edits by June 30; Begin querying by July 15; Enter in Golden Heart
- Attend Margie Lawson’s Immersion class (May)
- Attend Spring Fling conference (April)
- Attend RWA National conference (July)
- Post one entry a week on personal blog
- Read one book a month for pleasure
- Read one craft book a month for development
Now, I know my #1 goal is not completely within my control. But I can work hard to achieve it. Having the goal on paper keeps me motivated and focused.