Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello, 2010!

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's 2010? I can't. While in high school, I was certain this crazy world would implode by 2000. But here we are, and I have to say I'm really looking forward to the next 12 months.

So what's a girl to do with so much optimism? She lists out her 2010 goals.
  1. Land an agent
  2. Finish editing A Lady’s Revenge by January 31
  3. Seek Beta reads for ALR from CPs by February
  4. Resubmit ALR to interested agents by March
  5. Participate in the GIAM 100 x 100 program, beginning January 1
  6. Participate in the February GIAM Tour de Force
  7. Develop 2011 RWA workshop with RU blogmates by August
  8. Finish Book 1 of Victorian-set series by April 30; finish edits by June 30; Begin querying by July 15; Enter in Golden Heart
  9. Attend Margie Lawson’s Immersion class (May)
  10. Attend Spring Fling conference (April)
  11. Attend RWA National conference (July)
  12. Post one entry a week on personal blog
  13. Read one book a month for pleasure
  14. Read one craft book a month for development
Now, I know my #1 goal is not completely within my control. But I can work hard to achieve it. Having the goal on paper keeps me motivated and focused.

No comments: